Anissa's Chicken Tortilla Soup
Community Recipe from
- 3-4 piece(s) chicken breasts grilled or stewed, then shredded
- 3-4 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 onion, small minced
- 2 can(s) cream of chicken soup
- 2 can(s) V8 or SnapETom (or tomato soup, but I like picante V8 the best) 12 oz cans
- 2 can(s) Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 box(es) chicken broth 32 oz
- 1 can(s) chopped green chilis
- 1 tablespoon(s) Adobo seasoning
- 3 teaspoon(s) comino
- Cook chicken and shred. Saute onion and garlic in a tiny bit of oil. Add the chicken and all other ingredients to the pot and simmer. You can add more broth or water for desired consistency, and should add salt to taste (the Adobo is bascially salt, pepper, garlic powder, and a few other seasonings). I've added choppped jalapenos when cooking just for us, and have sometimes added rice as well. Optionally, additional veggies like zucchini or corn can be added to make a heartier, healthier soup. This is the canvas to start from!
- Before serving, add a bit of chopped cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime. Put out avocado, tortilla strips, and shredded cheese or crumbled mexican cheese for toppings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Anissa and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note