1. Make the pudding according to package directions, using 2 cups low-fat milk. Refrigerate until ready to assemble trifle.
2. Place remaining 2 tablespoons milk and cream cheese in a bowl, and beat with a mixer at high speed until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to assemble trifle.
3. Toss berries with sugar; set aside.
4. Place cream in a bowl, and beat with cold beaters on high speed until stiff peaks form; refrigerate.
5. Place half the berries on the bottom of a straight-sided 2- or 3-quart clear dish. Top the berries with half the angel food cake slices, overlapping slightly.
6. Stir the pudding and cream cheese mixtures together, and gently fold in whipped cream. Pour 2 cups pudding mixture over cake, and top with 1/4 cup almonds. Use the remaining cake to form another layer, and top it with the remaining berries. Pour the remaining pudding mixture over the berries, and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup almonds. Refrigerate at least 1 hour, or up to 8 hours.