Angela's Vegetable Frittata
Photo: Laurey W. Glenn; Styling: Melanie Clarke
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
More From Southern Living
Bake: 10 Minutes
- 2 large leeks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced, cooked potato
- 1 pound summer squash, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup (3 oz.) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. Remove and discard root ends and dark green tops of leeks. Cut in half lengthwise, and rinse thoroughly under cold running water to remove grit and sand. Thinly slice leeks.
- 2. Sauté leeks in 1 Tbsp. hot oil in a 10-inch ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Remove from skillet. Sauté potato in remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in skillet 3 to 4 minutes or until golden. Add squash, and sauté 10 minutes. Stir in leeks, parsley, thyme, pepper, and 1/2 tsp. salt until blended.
- 3. Process eggs, milk, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup water and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt in a blender until blended; pour over leek mixture in skillet. Cook over medium heat, without stirring, 2 minutes or until edges of frittata are set. (Edges should appear firm when pan is gently shaken; the top layer should appear wet.) Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- 4. Bake at 450° for 10 to 12 minutes or until center is set.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes