Angel Hair With Lemon Shrimp and Asparagus
- 1 pound asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 pound medium-size shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 (16-oz.) box angel hair pasta
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1. Cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces. Cook in boiling water for 30 seconds. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain and set aside.
- 2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- 3. Sauté asparagus, shrimp, bell pepper, and, if desired, dried crushed red pepper flakes in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes or until shrimp are cooked and vegetables are tender. Reduce heat to medium-low; stir in half-and-half and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated.
- 4. Cook angel hair in boiling water according to package directions; drain and return to pot. Add shrimp mixture, lemon rind, and lemon juice to hot pasta; toss. Transfer to a serving platter; sprinkle evenly with cheese. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note