Angel hair with Asparagus, tomatoes and fresh basil
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) Fresh asparagus
- 4 clove(s) Garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 6 Medium plum (Roma) tomatoes, seeded and chopped, (2 1/4 c)
- 1/4 cup(s) Dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) Butter
- 9 ounce(s) Refrigerated angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup(s) Shredded fresh basil
- 1. Trim asparagus and rinse in cold water. Remove the tips; set aside. Bias-slice remaining asparagus stalks into 1- to 1-1/2-inch pieces; set aside.
- 2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and pepper; cook and stir 1 minute. Add tomatoes; cook and stir about 2 minutes more.
- 3. Add asparagus pieces, wine, and salt to mixture. Cook, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Add asparagus tips; cook, uncovered, for 1 minute more. Add butter; stir until melted.
- 4. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta. Return to pan and toss with asparagus mixture and basil.
- 484 calories, 11 g fat
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dmradcliffe and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Angel hair with Asparagus, tomatoes and fresh basil Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes