Angel Hair with Green-and-Yellow-Tomato Sauce
Photo: Kana Okada
Jere and Emilee Gettle love the Green Zebra tomato, which is as sweet as red ones but with a citrusy tang. They toss it with yellow tomatoes for a colorful, uncooked pasta sauce.
Yield: 4 first-course servings
More From Food & Wine
- 2 tablespoons pure olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (large) shallots, minced
- 1 pound yellow tomatoes, diced
- 1 pound ripe green heirloom tomatoes such as Green Zebra, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 2 sage leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature, or 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- In a skillet, heat the oil. Add the garlic and cook over low heat until fragrant, 2 minutes. Add the shallots and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until softened, 4 minutes.
- In a bowl, toss the tomatoes with the garlic, shallots, basil and sage. Season with salt.
- In a pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta until al dente; drain and transfer to the large bowl. Toss well with the butter; serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note