So simple to make and my boyfriend loves it. I always add some sautéed onion and minced garlic for a little extra flavor. I've made it the twice in the past 2 weeks because you really can't go wrong.
Angel Hair with Shrimp and Peas
Photo: Ryan Benyi; Styling: Gerri Williams for James Reps
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 721
- Fat: 32g
- Saturated fat: 15g
- Protein: 37g
- Carbohydrate: 72g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 254mg
- Sodium: 510mg
- Salt and pepper
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and bring back to a boil. Add peas after pasta has cooked for 3 minutes. Continue cooking until pasta is al dente and peas are warmed though, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain well, return to pot and toss with 1 Tbsp. oil. Cover and keep warm.
- 2. Warm remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook, stirring, until pink, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to pot with pasta and peas.
- 3. Pour cream into skillet and increase heat to high. Boil, stirring to pick up any bits on bottom of skillet, until slightly reduced, about 3 minutes. Transfer to pot with pasta, shrimp and peas. Stir well, season with salt and pepper and serve warm.
Also featured in: Back to School Special, All You, July 2013
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This