Angel Hair Pasta with Shrimp and Lemon Cream Sauce Recipe
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/4 cup(s) heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup(s) chicken stock
- 3 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 3/4 pound(s) angel hair pasta (also called capellini)
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 pound(s) raw medium shrimp, peeled and deveined*
- 1/2 cup(s) (loosely packed) chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup(s) (loosely packed) chopped chives
- Zest of a lemon
- 1/2 cup(s) Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- We used medium shrimp (41-50 per pound) for this recipe, but little cocktail shrimp would also work. Use heavy whipping cream to avoid curdling when mixed and heated with the lemon juice.
- 1 Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- 2 In a smaller pot, heat the cream, chicken stock and lemon juice to a low simmer. Simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- 3 Add the angel hair pasta to the boiling water.
- 4 Add the shrimp to the simmering lemon cream sauce. Stir well and add a pinch of salt and black pepper. The shrimp should cook in about the same time as the angel hair pasta, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- 5 When the pasta is done, drain and put it in a large bowl. Add the herbs to the simmering lemon cream sauce and let them cook for about 1 minute. Pour the shrimp and lemon sauce into the pasta bowl and mix well. Add the lemon zest and most of the parmesan and mix again. Divide into servings, and top with the remaining parmesan.
- Note, if the resulting mixture seems to dry, just add a little water or cream. If it seems to wet, don't worry, the pasta will absorb the sauce.
- Yield: Serves 4.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by BDGRecipes and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Angel Hair Pasta with Shrimp and Lemon Cream Sauce Recipe Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes