DELISH!!! And easy!! Yum yum yum!!
Angel Hair Pasta with Mussels and Red Pepper Sauce
This simple dinner of angel hair pasta with mussels is a delicious way to enjoy fresh seafood. Sweet red peppers help balance the naturally salty mussels and the slightly acidic tomatoes.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 372
- Calories from fat: 18%
- Fat: 7.4g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 24.9g
- Carbohydrate: 46.9g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Iron: 8.7mg
- Sodium: 809mg
- Calcium: 85mg
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups diced red bell pepper (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash of ground red pepper
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 36 mussels (about 3 pounds), scrubbed and debearded
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain; keep warm.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add bell pepper, salt, and ground red pepper; sauté 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and wine; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes. Add mussels, and increase heat to medium. Cover and simmer for 7 minutes or until shells open. Discard any unopened shells. Serve mussel mixture over pasta; sprinkle with parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note