Angel Hair Pasta with Fresh Clams
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 282
- Calories from fat: 7%
- Fat: 2.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 12.9g
- Carbohydrate: 53.4g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 106mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 1 dozen littleneck clams
- 2 teaspoons cornmeal
- Olive oil-flavored vegetable cooking spray
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups peeled, seeded, and chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup clam juice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 ounces capellini (angel hair pasta), uncooked
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Scrub clams thoroughly, discarding any that are cracked or open. Place remaining clams in a large bowl; cover with cold water, and sprinkle with cornmeal. Let stand 30 minutes. Drain and rinse clams, discarding cornmeal. Set clams aside.
- Coat a medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Place over medium-high heat until hot. Add garlic, and saute 30 seconds. Add tomato and next 3 ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place clams on top of tomato mixture. Cover and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until clams open. Remove and discard any unopened clams.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain. Remove clams from tomato mixture; set aside. Toss pasta with tomato mixture, and transfer to serving plates. Arrange clams evenly over pasta. Sprinkle with parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This