Angel Food Cake Roll
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Angel Food Cake Roll
- There's always room for dessert-especially when it's this eye-catching frozen fare. "We like strawberry yogurt in the filling, but different flavors work well, too," suggests Joan Colbert. The make-ahead dessert is often requested at her Sigourney, Iowa home.
- 10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + freezing
- •1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- •5 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- •1 cup (8 ounces) strawberry yogurt
- •1 package (1 ounce) instant sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
- •3 drops red food coloring, optional
- •2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- •Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with waxed paper. Prepare cake
- according to package directions.
- •Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or
- until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes.
- •Turn cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar.
- Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up jelly-roll style in the towel,
- starting with a short side. Cool on a wire rack.
- •In a large bowl, whisk the yogurt, pudding mix and food coloring if
- desired. Fold in whipped topping.
- •Unroll cake; spread filling evenly over cake to within 1/2 in. of
- edges. Roll up. Cover and freeze. Remove from freezer 30 minutes
- before slicing. Yield: 10 servings.
- Nutrition Facts:Nutritional Analysis: One slice equals 236 calories, 2 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 464 mg sodium,
- © Taste of Home 2013
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dwanna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Angel Food Cake Roll Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cakes/Frostings