Use any shape cookie cutter; just be aware that your choice may effect the yield.
More From Southern Living
Chill: 8 Hours
Bake: 8 Minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Buttercream Frosting*
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- Beat butter, shortening, and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Stir in lemon rind, if desired, and vanilla extract.
- Add flour mixture to sugar mixture, beating until blended. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface; cut with a 3-inch angel cookie cutter. Place on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 8 minutes or just until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Decorate as desired with Buttercream Frosting.
- *1 can of ready-to-spread cream cheese frosting may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note