Makes about 52 biscuits
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 5 cup(s) plain flour
- 3 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1 cup(s) crisco or other shortening
- 1 package(s) dry yeast
- 2 tablespoon(s) warm water
- 2 cup(s) buttermilk
- 1. Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- 2. Cut in shortening with a knife or pastry cutter into flour mixture.
- 3. Dissolve yeast in 2 TBSP warm water and add with buttermilk to flour mixture. Mix well and place covered dough in fridge overnight.
- 4. Next day pinch off as much dough as needed. Pat out and cut. Spread with melted butter. Let rise for 2 hours.
- 5. Bake at 400-450 for 10-12 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mandofan and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Angel Biscuits Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads