Andy's Filet Mignon
- 2 piece(s) Filets Thawed and seasoned
- 1/2 stick(s) Real butter
- 1-1/2 cup(s) Good red wine (merlot or cabernet)
- 5 clove(s) Shallots Or as many as you want
- 1 dash(es) Salt & pepper to task
- 2 tablespoon(s) Cooking oil
- Prepare thawed filets by patting them dry and season with salt and cracked pepper on both sides. Set in fridge for at least 1/2 hour. Remove from fridge 1/2 hour before cooking to allow them to warm.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Use a cast iron or heavy teflon fry pan. Set stove to high and add a thin layer of cooking oil. Sear the filets on both sides. Once seared set them in the oven in a pan.
- Let fry pan cool a little and add another layer of oil. Scrape any stuck on meat loose. Put pan back on stove on high or medium high. Add the shallots. Cook them while scrapping the pan until they are translucent. Add the red wine (only use good wine) boil stirring occasionally until it is reduced to a syrup (do not let it dry up or burn). Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Add the butter stirring until completely melted (it can be placed back on the stove on medium to help melt the butter). Add some sea salt and pepper to taste. Serve in a gravy boat as a topper for the steaks.
- Roast steaks in the oven until done to your liking
- Serve with some steamed veggies and you'll be hooked.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Johnnymac479 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Andy's Filet Mignon Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes