More From Southern Living
Bake: 25 Minutes
Cool: 5 Minutes
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups self-rising yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon self-rising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1. Brush a 10-inch cast-iron skillet with oil, and heat in a 425° oven 5 minutes.
- 2. Stir together cornmeal and next 3 ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Stir in buttermilk, eggs, and mayonnaise, stirring just until blended. Pour batter into hot skillet.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and cornbread pulls away from sides of skillet. Remove to a wire rack, and cool 5 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note