This a fabulous and easy appetizer. Made this last year for Christmas and will be making it this year for thanksgiving. Stays heated well on the buffet table too!
Andouille With Smoked Paprika and Red Wine
More From Southern Living
- 1 pound andouille sausage, cut into 1/2-inch rounds*
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- Garnish: fresh oregano sprigs
- 1. Cook andouille sausage rounds in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- 2. Stir in oregano, garlic, and paprika, and cook 1 minute or until fragrant. Add red wine, and cook, stirring often, 2 to 3 minutes or until wine is reduced and thickened. Transfer to a shallow bowl, and garnish, if desired. Serve with wooden picks.
- *Spicy smoked sausage may be substituted.
- Party Tip: If you don't have smoked paprika, substitute 1/2 tsp. traditional paprika and 1/4 tsp. ground cumin.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This