- 1 pound andouille sausage, cut into 1/2-inch rounds*
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- Garnish: fresh oregano sprigs
How to Make It
Cook andouille sausage rounds in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
Stir in oregano, garlic, and paprika, and cook 1 minute or until fragrant. Add red wine, and cook, stirring often, 2 to 3 minutes or until wine is reduced and thickened. Transfer to a shallow bowl, and garnish, if desired. Serve with wooden picks.
*Spicy smoked sausage may be substituted.
Party Tip: If you don't have smoked paprika, substitute 1/2 tsp. traditional paprika and 1/4 tsp. ground cumin.