Andouille-Stuffed Pork Chops
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Annette Joseph
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 15 Minutes
- 1/2 pound andouille sausage, casings removed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning, divided
- 2 cups French bread cubes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 6 (2-inch-thick) bone-in, center-cut pork loin chops
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Garnish: fresh thyme
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring often, 5 to 6 minutes or until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink. Remove sausage; drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet.
- 2. Sauté onion and next 3 ingredients in hot drippings 5 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat; stir in sausage and 1 tsp. Cajun seasoning.
- 3. Stir together sausage mixture, bread cubes, and chicken broth in a large bowl.
- 4. Cut a lengthwise slit in 1 side of each pork chop to form a pocket, cutting to but not through opposite side. Sprinkle both sides and pocket of each chop with desired amount of salt and pepper. Spoon sausage mixture into each pocket.
- 5. Stir together paprika, pepper, and remaining 2 tsp. Cajun seasoning; rub over chops.
- 6. Cook 3 pork chops in 1 Tbsp. hot olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Place pork chops in a lightly greased roasting pan or large shallow baking dish. Repeat with remaining pork chops and olive oil.
- 7. Bake at 350° for 30 to 40 minutes or until done. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note