Andouille-Stuffed Pork Chops
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Annette Joseph
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 15 Minutes
- 1/2 pound andouille sausage, casings removed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning, divided
- 2 cups French bread cubes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 6 (2-inch-thick) bone-in, center-cut pork loin chops
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Garnish: fresh thyme
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring often, 5 to 6 minutes or until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink. Remove sausage; drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet.
- 2. Sauté onion and next 3 ingredients in hot drippings 5 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat; stir in sausage and 1 tsp. Cajun seasoning.
- 3. Stir together sausage mixture, bread cubes, and chicken broth in a large bowl.
- 4. Cut a lengthwise slit in 1 side of each pork chop to form a pocket, cutting to but not through opposite side. Sprinkle both sides and pocket of each chop with desired amount of salt and pepper. Spoon sausage mixture into each pocket.
- 5. Stir together paprika, pepper, and remaining 2 tsp. Cajun seasoning; rub over chops.
- 6. Cook 3 pork chops in 1 Tbsp. hot olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Place pork chops in a lightly greased roasting pan or large shallow baking dish. Repeat with remaining pork chops and olive oil.
- 7. Bake at 350° for 30 to 40 minutes or until done. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes