This is excellent. I substituted chopped fresh red, yellow, and green peppers and 1 onion for the frozen stir-fry bag and omitted the beans, and used frozen brown rice from Trader Joes. So yummy - I will be making this again and again. We served with chips and homemade guacamole.
Andouille Rice and White Beans
Serve with salad greens tossed with your favorite vinaigrette to round out the meal.
Yield: 5 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 269
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 6.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 12.8g
- Carbohydrate: 34.7g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 24mg
- Iron: 3.9mg
- Sodium: 798mg
- Calcium: 91mg
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen pepper stir-fry mix, thawed
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, undrained
- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) bag boil-in-bag long-grain rice
- 6 ounces andouille sausage, diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 (15-ounce) can Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained (about 3/4 cup)
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Open bag of rice; add rice to pepper mixture. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until rice is tender.
- While rice mixture cooks, heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage; sauté 6 minutes or until browned.
- Add sausage, onions, and beans to rice mixture; cook until thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews