This is excellent. I substituted chopped fresh red, yellow, and green peppers and 1 onion for the frozen stir-fry bag and omitted the beans, and used frozen brown rice from Trader Joes. So yummy - I will be making this again and again. We served with chips and homemade guacamole.
Andouille Rice and White Beans
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 269
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 6.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 12.8g
- Carbohydrate: 34.7g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 24mg
- Iron: 3.9mg
- Sodium: 798mg
- Calcium: 91mg
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen pepper stir-fry mix, thawed
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, undrained
- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) bag boil-in-bag long-grain rice
- 6 ounces andouille sausage, diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 (15-ounce) can Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained (about 3/4 cup)
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Open bag of rice; add rice to pepper mixture. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until rice is tender.
- While rice mixture cooks, heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage; sauté 6 minutes or until browned.
- Add sausage, onions, and beans to rice mixture; cook until thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews