An andouille-laced dressing highlights the Cajun trinity of celery, onion, and green pepper.
Yield: 12 servings
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 (1-pound) package Cajun-style cooked andouille sausage, diced
- 3 cups diced onion
- 2 cups diced celery
- 2 cups diced green bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) package cornbread stuffing mix
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook 4 minutes or until browned. Transfer sausage to a large bowl, reserving drippings in skillet.
- Add onion and next 7 ingredients to skillet; cook 8 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add vegetables and stuffing mix to sausage. Add broth, stirring just until moistened.
- Spoon dressing into a greased 15" x 10" roasting pan.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 20 more minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads