Andouille Corn Poppers
These spicy, bite-size versions of corn dogs are irresistible. You'll need about 30 minutes and 1 qt. of oil for frying them.
More From Southern Living
Total: 30 Minutes
- 1 (8 1/2-oz.) package corn muffin mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1 pound andouille sausage, cut into 1-inch slices*
- Peanut oil
- Creole mustard
- 1. Whisk together corn muffin mix and next 3 ingredients. Dip sausages slices in batter, coating well.
- 2. Pour oil to depth of 1 inch into a Dutch oven; heat over medium-high heat to 375°. Fry sausages, in batches, 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Keep warm on a wire rack in an aluminum foil-lined jelly-roll pan in a 200° oven. Serve with mustard.
- *1 (16-oz.) package cocktail-size smoked sausages, drained, may be substituted. For testing purposes only, we used Bryan Cocktail Smokies.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note