Andouille Corn Poppers
More From Southern Living
Total: 30 Minutes
- 1 (8 1/2-oz.) package corn muffin mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1 pound andouille sausage, cut into 1-inch slices*
- Peanut oil
- Creole mustard
- 1. Whisk together corn muffin mix and next 3 ingredients. Dip sausages slices in batter, coating well.
- 2. Pour oil to depth of 1 inch into a Dutch oven; heat over medium-high heat to 375°. Fry sausages, in batches, 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Keep warm on a wire rack in an aluminum foil-lined jelly-roll pan in a 200° oven. Serve with mustard.
- *1 (16-oz.) package cocktail-size smoked sausages, drained, may be substituted. For testing purposes only, we used Bryan Cocktail Smokies.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This