I liked this quite a bit. I used dried oregano instead of fresh and I carmelized the onions to make them milder. Also made it on the grill instead of the oven since AZ summers are so hot. One has to really like anchovies to enjoy this.
Anchovy and White Bean Pizza
- 1 (15.8-ounce) can great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (12-inch) ready-made pizza crust
- 1/2 red onion, sliced into thin rings
- 1 to 2 (2-ounce) cans anchovies, drained
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 to 2 cups torn arugula (optional)
- Combine first 5 ingredients in food processor. Pulse until smooth. Spread bean mixture evenly over crust. Top with red onion and next 4 ingredients. Bake at 450° for 12 to 15 minutes. Top with arugula, if desired.
- Note: For testing we used Mama Mary's Gourmet Pizza Crust.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers