- 8 medium Yukon gold potatoes (about 4 pounds)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ancho chili, seeded
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce, stemmed and seeded
- 1/2 tomato, quartered
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup butter
- Pepper to taste
- Peel and quarter potatoes. Bring potatoes and salted water to cover to a boil in a Dutch oven; cook 20 to 30 minutes over medium heat or until tender. Drain.
- Sauté onion and garlic in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 2 minutes or until tender. Add chiles, tomato, and sugar; cook 2 to 4 minutes or until chiles begin to soften.
- Transfer mixture to a blender, and process until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Pour mixture through a wire mesh strainer into a bowl. Salt to taste.
- Beat potatoes, whipping cream, half-and-half, and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer just until smooth. Spoon chile puree over mashed potatoes, and gently swirl with a knife for a marbled effect. Add pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables