Ancho Chile Oil
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 ounce(s) dried ancho chiles stemmed
- 2 whole(s) garlic cloves smashed
- 1 whole(s) red fresno chile or red jalapeno stemmed and seeded
- 1 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon(s) coriander ground
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin , kosher salt ground
- Dried ancho chiles are available at latin markets, specialty foods store, and many supermarkets.
- Heat first 7 ingreients in a small sauce pan over medium heat until fragrant and just
- beginning to bubble. Remove from heat.Let steep 1 hour.
- Puree mixture in a blender until smooth. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a small bowl;discard solids in sieve. Season oil to tast with salt. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 week ahead. Cover and chill.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by shr99lr and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Ancho Chile Oil Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salad Dressings