This is easy, fast and very tasty. My kids (age 2, 5 and 7) love it - it's become a regular everyday meal at our house. We've used sirloin and NY strip instead of tenderloin, and have used lemon instead of lime, skipped the cilantro (when none in the fridge) and it's always good even with some substitutions. We serve it with white or brown rice and pureed black bean dip w/ tortilla chips.
Ancho Chile-Beef Fajitas with Mango
Ground ancho chiles add subtle, earthy heat. If you prefer more spice, substitute chipotle chile powder. To prepare a guacamole side dish, combine 3/4 cup chopped avocado, 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion, 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro, 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper, mashing to desired consistency. Serve immediately with baked tortilla chips.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 450
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 12.9g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 30.6g
- Carbohydrate: 54.6g
- Fiber: 5.2g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 930mg
- Calcium: 86mg
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ancho chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (8-ounce) beef tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced mango
- 1 plum tomato, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 (6-inch) fat-free flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons prepared salsa
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1. Combine lime juice, chile powder, Worcestershire, and cumin in a medium bowl. Add beef; toss well.
- 2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell peppers to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until onion is almost tender, stirring occasionally. Add mango and tomato to pan; sauté 1 minute. Add beef mixture; sauté 2 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, stirring occasionally. Add soy sauce; cook 15 seconds. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro.
- 3. Heat tortillas according to package directions. Place 2 tortillas on each of 2 plates; top each tortilla with about 3/4 cup beef mixture. Top each tortilla with 1 1/2 teaspoons prepared salsa and 1 1/2 teaspoons sour cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes