- 5 ancho chile peppers
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 pounds baking potatoes
- 1/2 pound sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup stout or ale beer
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Combine peppers and 1 cup hot water; let stand 10 minutes. Drain peppers, reserving 1/2 cup water.
- Process peppers and reserved water in a blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Peel potatoes, and cut into 1-inch cubes. Cook in boiling water to cover 20 to 25 minutes or until tender; drain and place in a large mixing bowl. Add pepper puree, beer, and salt; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth and fluffy (do not overbeat).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This