I hate pork...but I had a bunch of chops on hand and wanted to use them. The flavor was ok but I would never make pork again unless I had to. Even then, I don't think I would make this recipe.
An Apple-a-Day Pork Chops
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 286
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Fat: 10.9g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 24.5g
- Carbohydrate: 23g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 276mg
- Calcium: 38mg
- 6 (4-ounce) boneless pork loin chops
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 medium-size Red Delicious apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup currants
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup Marsala wine or apple cider
- Garnishes: rosemary sprig and apple slices
- Coat both sides of pork chops evenly with cooking spray.
- Combine rosemary, salt, and pepper. Rub mixture evenly on both sides of pork; set aside.
- Cook apple, raisins, and currants in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 5 minutes. Add 1/4 cup wine, stirring constantly, until most liquid is evaporated. Add remaining wine, and cook 15 minutes or until mixture is thickened.
- Cook pork chops in a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat 5 minutes on each side or until done. Top with apple mixture. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This