Amy's Black Beans and Rice
Quick and easy to make and les than 1 gram of fat per serving.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 can(s) Progresso black beans drain slightly
- 1 cup(s) onion chopped
- 1/2 green pepper chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) hot cayenne pepper sauce
- 1 1/4 cup(s) canned diced tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cup(s) hot cooked rice
- Coat a 4 qt sauce pan with cooking spray. Add onion, peppers and garlic and saute until tender. Add beans and tomatoes to the onion mixture and stir well. Add the remaining spices and hot sauce, stirring occasionally so that the mixture doesn't burn on the bottom, and simmer for 30 minutes. Add rice and mix well.
- Garnish with light shredded cheddar cheese and salsa, if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Momcookshealthy and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Amy's Black Beans and Rice Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes