This is a yummy and easy casserole. Made it for a work event. Everyone loved it!
Amish Breakfast Casserole
Hearty breakfast bake eaten during a visit to an Amish inn. When I asked for the recipe, one of the ladies told me the ingredients right off the top of her head. I modified it to use breakfast sausage in place of bacon. From Beth Notaro: Kokomo, Indiana. Originally published as Amish Breakfast Casserole in Quick Cooking May/June 2002.
Stand: 10 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) sliced bacon, diced
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cup(s) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cup(s) (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cup(s) (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 1/4 cup(s) shredded Swiss cheese
- • In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion until bacon is crisp; drain. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in bacon mixture. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- • Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note