American Style Enchiladas
Can be made with commercial flour tortillas. Prepared Enchiladas can be frozen. To Reheat: Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 eggs well beaten
- 3 cup(s) milk
- 2 cup(s) flour sifted
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- Meat Filling
- 1 pound(s) ground beef
- 1 pound(s) bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup(s) onions chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) green pepper chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 2/3 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 10 ounce(s) pkg frozen spinach cooked, drained, chopped
- 29 ounce(s) jar meatless spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounce(s) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup(s) water
- 1 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 2 cup(s) cheddar cheese shredded
- Combine eggs and milk. Add flour and salt; beat well. Pour about 1/4 cup batter into hot greased 6 -7 inch skillet, tilting skillet so batter covers surface. Turn pancakes when surface looks dry. Pancakes can be stacked while cooking remaining pancakes. Makes 30
- MEAT FILLING
- Brown beef and sausage. Pour off fat. Add next 5 ingredients (thru salt), simmer for 10 minutes. Add spinach, set aside.
- Combine first 4 ingredients (thru chili powder).
- Spoon scant 1/4 c meat mixture across center of each pancake. Fold sides over about 1/2". Starting at end closest to you, roll up each pancake. Place in shallow baking dishes. Pour half the sauce over the rolled pancakes in each dish. Top with shredded cheese. Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MarianBeck and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note