America Test Kitchen's Stovetop Lasagna
Community Recipe from
- 1 can(s) diced tomatoes, 28 oz.
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 medium onion minced
- salt, to taste
- 6 garlic cloves pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes
- 1 pound(s) meatloaf mix
- 8 ounce(s) campanelle noodles
- 1 can(s) tomato sauce, 8 oz.
- 1 ounce(s) parmesan cheese grated
- black pepper
- 1 cup(s) ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoon(s) fresh basil leaves chopped
- 1. Pour the tomatoes with their juice into a 4-cup liquid measuring cup. Add water until the mixture measures 4 cups.
- 2. Heat the oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat until simmering. Add the onion and 1/2 teaspoon of salt and cook until the onion begins to brown, 6-8 minutes. Stir in the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the ground meat and cook, breaking apart the meat, until no longer pink, about 4 minutes.
- 3. Scatter the pasta over the meat but do not stir. Pour the diced tomatoes with their juice and the tomato sauce over the pasta. Cover and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally until the pasta is tender, about 20 minutes.
- 4. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in all but 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Dot with heaping tablespoons of the ricotta, cover, and let stand off the heat for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with the basil and remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan. Serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by juliecook1 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note