For an easy and beautiful plated dessert, top a slice of store-bought pound cake with a slice of Ambrosia Terrine and a dollop of whipped cream. Prep: 30 minutes; Cook: 10 minutes; Chill: 3 hours.
- 7 large navel oranges
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh frozen unsweetened grated coconut, thawed (about 2 cups)
- 3/4 cup pecans, coarsely chopped and toasted
- Pinch of salt
- 1 2/3 to 2 cups orange juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 (1/4-ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1. Line a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap, and chill. Peel and section oranges, squeezing membranes and reserving juice in a separate bowl. (Every drop of juice counts.) Mix together orange sections and next 3 ingredients.
- 2. Combine freshly squeezed orange juice with additional orange juice to make 2 cups, and boil with sugar in a saucepan. In a separate bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 1 cup additional juice, and let soften 1 minute. Pour boiling orange juice into gelatin mixture, and whisk until gelatin has dissolved.
- 3. Pour orange-coconut mixture into prepared loaf pan. Cover with juice mixture, cover with plastic wrap, and chill at least 3 hours. Slice terrine, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note