- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups cold butter, cut into pieces
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup drained maraschino cherries, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup toasted coconut chips (such as Dang)
How to Make It
Prepare Crust: Preheat oven to 400°. Pulse first 4 ingredients in a food processor 2 to 3 times or until combined. Add 1 1/4 cups cold butter pieces, 2 or 3 pieces at a time, pulsing after each addition. Add egg yolks, 1 at a time, pulsing after each addition. Process until mixture is crumbly.
Line a 13- x 9-inch pan with aluminum foil, extending foil over sides. Butter and flour foil. Press flour mixture into bottom of pan. Bake at 400° for 12 minutes.
Prepare Filling: Pulse pineapple in food processor until coarsely chopped. Bring pineapple, marmalade, and next 4 ingredients to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Boil, stirring often, 1 minute. Remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes. Stir in cherries, and spread in prepared crust.
Prepare Streusel: Stir together 1/2 cup granulated sugar and next 2 ingredients; cut butter into sugar mixture with a pastry blender until it resembles coarse meal. Stir in coconut; sprinkle over pineapple mixture.
Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until golden. Cool completely in pan. Lift bars from pan, using foil sides. Cut into squares.