I made this for my father in law for christmas last year it was a big hit!!! I have to make him another pie this year for thanksgiving! It was easy and had great flavor for all you ambrosia lovers! Tip: when you set it out to thaw for cutting...cut the whole pie...makes it easy to grab another piece after putting it back in the freezer! Thank you oxmoor house for yet another great recipe!!! 8-)
- 1 (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges in light syrup
- 1 (8 1/4-ounce) can crushed pineapple in heavy syrup
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 1/2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 (9-ounce) graham cracker crust (extra serving size)
- Garnishes: maraschino cherries, pecan halves, additional toasted flaked coconut
- Drain oranges and pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons pineapple syrup. Gently press oranges and pineapple between paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Beat cream cheese at medium-high speed of an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add reserved pineapple syrup and milk, beating until smooth. Fold in 1 1/2 cups whipped topping. Gently fold in orange-pineapple mixture and 3/4 cup coconut. Spoon filling into crust. Cover; freeze until firm.
- Let pie stand at room temperature 20 minutes before serving. Dollop remaining 1 cup whipped topping on top of pie. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note