Give these soft, chewy macaroons a different look by garnishing with candied fruit like orange peels or green cherries.
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 15 Minutes
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon loosely packed orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (14-oz.) package sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup finely diced dried pineapple
- Parchment paper
- 36 red maraschino cherries, drained, halved, and patted dry
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Beat egg white at high speed with an electric stand mixer, using whisk attachment, until foamy; gradually add sugar, 1 Tbsp. at a time, until soft peaks form.
- 2. Gently stir in butter and next 4 ingredients. Stir in flour. Stir in coconut and pineapple until blended.
- 3. Drop batter by teaspoonfuls 1 inch apart onto 2 parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Place 1 cherry half in center of each cookie.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown, switching baking sheets halfway through. Cool on baking sheets 10 minutes; transfer cookies to wire racks, and cool.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note