- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
How to Make It
Cream butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
Combine flour, baking powder, soda, and salt in a medium mixing bowl; add to creamed mixture, stirring well. Stir in remaining ingredients.
Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake at 375° for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from cookie sheets; cool on wire racks.
Note: Store cookies in airtight containers for several days to improve flavor.