Yield: Makes 12 servings
- 1 1/2 cups almond shortbread cookie crumbs (about 12 cookies)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (14-ounce) package sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups Fresh Orange Curd
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut, lightly toasted (optional)
- Decorated Pastry Strips (optional)
- Garnish: Boxwood Garland
- Stir together first 3 ingredients; press mixture into bottom of a 10-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Cool.
- Beat cream cheese, eggs, and 1 cup sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Stir in 14-ounce package coconut and vanilla. Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cover and chill 8 hours. Release sides of springform pan, and place cheesecake on serving platter or cake stand. Spread Fresh Orange Curd evenly over top of cheesecake. Sprinkle 1 cup toasted coconut around outer edge of top, if desired. Arrange Decorated Pastry Strips on sides of cheesecake, if desired. Garnish top of cake, if desired.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Keebler Sandies Almond Shortbread.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts