Great dessert. Left out the coconut because we don't like it, but the salad was light, refreshing, and a great end to a summer meal.
Yield: 4 Servings
Cost per Serving: $1.66
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 250
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 51g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 32mg
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut (2 oz.)
- 4 navel oranges
- 2 (12 oz.) grapefruits
- 1 cup green or red seedless grapes, halved (6 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows (2 oz.)
- 4 maraschino cherries
- Butter cookies or pound cake, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread coconut on a large baking sheet. Toast, stirring occasionally, until light brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool. Put 4 dessert bowls in refrigerator to chill.
- Peel oranges and grapefruit, removing white pith. Working over a bowl to catch juices, cut segments from membrane. Put fruit in same bowl. (For instructions to slice perfect citrus segments, see Tip Strip, left.)
- Just before serving, stir cooled coconut, grapes, sugar (adjust amount to taste) and marshmallows into bowl with oranges and grapefruits. Stir gently to avoid breaking up citrus segments.
- Spoon ambrosia into chilled bowls and top each with a cherry. Serve ambrosia with butter cookies or slices of pound cake, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This