- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry, divided
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons peeled, minced gingerroot, divided
- 1 pound amberjack steaks (3/4 inch thick), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup canned low-sodium chicken broth, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 medium carrots, scraped and cut into 2- x 1/4-inch strips
- 2 cups sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 3 cups cooked long-grain rice (cooked without salt or fat)
- calories 362
- caloriesfromfat 13 %
- fat 5.4 g
- satfat 0.9 g
- monofat 1.4 g
- polyfat 1.8 g
- protein 29 g
- carbohydrate 47.2 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- cholesterol 49 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 362 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Combine 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 tablespoon sherry, 1/2 teaspoon oil, and 2 tablespoons gingerroot; place in a heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag. Add fish; seal bag, and shake gently until well coated. Marinate in the refrigerator 1 hour, turning occasionally.
Combine remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 tablespoon sherry, 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, broth, and next 3 ingredients. Stir well, and set aside.
Coat a large wok or nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat at medium-high (375°) until hot. Add carrot; stir-fry 5 minutes. Add remaining 1 tablespoon gingerroot; stir-fry 1 minute. Add mushrooms; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add green onions; stir-fry 1 minute. Remove vegetables from wok, and keep warm. Add fish mixture to wok; stir-fry 6 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Stir broth mixture; add to wok. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Add vegetables, and cook until thoroughly heated. Serve over rice.