Amazing Strawberry Cupcakes
I always loved my grandmother's strawberry cake. When I had kids I decided to use it to make cupcakes for school birthdays. Everyone raves about these cupcakes and begs me to make them. Some say it is the icing that makes them so great but others swear the cupcake melts in your mouth. A bonus is that both the cupcake and the icing are super simple.
Yield: 24 servings ( Serving Size: 1 cupcake )
Community Recipe from
- 1 box(es) White cake mix - preferably Pillsbury Plus
- 1 package(s) 3 oz. strawberry flavored jello mix
- 1 cup(s) Vegetable Oil
- 4 Eggs Lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup(s) Water
- 3/4 cup(s) Strawberries Mashed
- 1/2 cup(s) Butter - Only real unsalted butter Soften
- 1 pound(s) Confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) Strawberries Mashed
- I like to refer to the recipe as a dump recipe. In the bowl of your stand mixer, dump the entire box of white cake mix, strawberry jello, veg oil, eggs, water, and mashed strawberries. Beat on medium speed until well combined. Line cupcake tins with paper liners for 24 cupcakes (You can buy a fantastic 24 cupcake tin at a restaurant supply store. This will enable you to make these in one batch.) Fill 24 cupcake liners with batter (about 2 tablespoons per liner). Bake for 17 minutes at 350 degrees. When cupcakes are done they should spring back when touched in the center. Immediately take the cupcakes out of the tins and put them on a wire rack for cooling.
- Cream the butter in your stand mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Slowly add approx. one-half of the confectioner's sugar. Add the strawberries. Slowly add the remaining confectioner's sugar. Mix until creamy.
- When the cupcakes are cooled completely, put icing on them.
- Note: This icing will melt. If you are taking them for an event and they will be in a warm environment, you might want to put them in the refrigerator for an hour or so to harden the icing. I do not suggest eating them directly out of the refrigerator. The icing is best when it is room temperature.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by quickmomrecipes and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes