Amazing bacon wrapped jalapeño shrimp
By: Ramey Bekish "My father and his Chinese 'brother's' recipe for the best deep fried shrimp, now famous in our town. If you have leftover bacon, don't worry; you can deep fry it and that's for you! For a sauce, ketchup and horseradish work great but these are great by them self!"
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 quart(s) vegetable oil for frying
- 32 Peeled and deveined shrimp, tail on
- 1 4oz can pickled jalapeÃ±os, cut into slivers
- 16 slice(s) Bacon, cut in half
- 32 Toothpicks
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cut the shrimp along the back, nearly through to the front. Stuff each shrimp with a sliver of jalapeno, then wrap with half a slice of bacon. Secure with a toothpick. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Cook the shrimp in batches in the hot oil until the bacon is crispy and golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MaryannWimberly and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Amazing bacon wrapped jalapeño shrimp Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers