I have been making variations of this brownie for years. It is always a favorite.
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup almond liqueur
- 1 cup butter
- 8 (1-ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 5 large eggs
- 3 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup Swiss mocha instant coffee mix
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Garnish: toasted walnut halves
- Soak chopped walnuts in liqueur 4 to 6 hours. Drain, discarding liqueur.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a heavy saucepan over low heat.
- Beat eggs, sugar, and suisse mocha at medium-high speed with an electric mixer 8 minutes. Gradually add chocolate mixture, beating at low speed until blended. Gradually add vanilla, flour, and salt, beating until blended. Stir in chopped walnuts. Pour into a lightly greased aluminum foil-lined 13- x 9-inch pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Garnish, if desired.
- NOTE: For testing purposes only, we used International Coffees Suisse Mocha.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Amaretto-Walnut Brownies Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Desserts