Prep: 14 minutes; Cook: 1 hour; other: 24 hours
Italian cheesecakes are made with ricotta cheese, producing a firm and creamy yet slightly granular texture. Sweet amaretto flavors the filling of this luscious cake, while almond biscotti produces a deliciously nutty crust.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 226
- Fat: 8.8g
- Saturated fat: 4.9g
- Protein: 7.3g
- Carbohydrate: 28.2g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 51mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 145mg
- Calcium: 109mg
- 6 almond biscotti (about 7 ounces)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 1 (15-ounce) carton part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup amaretto (almond-flavored liqueur)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. Place biscotti in a food processor; process until fine crumbs form to yield 1 1/3 cups. Add 1/4 cup sugar; process until blended. Add 1 egg white, and process until blended. Press crumb mixture into bottom and 1 inch up sides of an 8-inch springform pan.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes. Cool slightly in pan on a wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
- 4. Combine ricotta and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add flour, egg, and 1 egg white, beating just until blended. Pour batter into prepared crust. Gently tap on counter to remove air bubbles.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Remove from oven, and carefully run a knife around outside edge of cake. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cover and chill overnight.
- Note: Before chilling cheesecake, place a paper towel over pan before covering with foil. This will catch the condensation that forms around the cheesecake while it's in the refrigerator. You may substitute 1/2 teaspoon almond extract plus 1/4 cup water for the amaretto, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note