- 1 (17-ounce) can apricot halves
- 1 (16 1/2-ounce) can pitted dark sweet cherries
- 1 (16-ounce) can peach halves
- 1 (16-ounce) can pear halves
- 1 (15 1/4-ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 12 soft coconut macaroons, crumbled
- 1 (2 1/4-ounce) package sliced almonds, toasted and divided
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup amaretto or other almond-flavored liqueur
How to Make It
Drain fruit, reserving syrup for another use.
Combine fruit in a large bowl. Place half of fruit mixture in an 11" x 7" x 1 1/2" baking dish; sprinkle with half of crumbled macaroons. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons almonds over macaroons and dot with 2 tablespoons butter. Repeat procedure using remaining fruit mixture, remaining macaroons, 3 tablespoons almonds, and remaining butter. Drizzle amaretto evenly over fruit mixture.
Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining almonds before serving.