Amaretto French Toast
- 6 (1-inch-thick) French bread slices
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons almond liqueur (optional)
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Powdered sugar
- Maple syrup, warmed
- Arrange bread slices in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Whisk together eggs, next 4 ingredients, and, if desired, liqueur; pour over bread. Let stand 5 minutes, turning once. Cover and chill 8 hours, if desired.
- Melt butter at 400° in a 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan; add French bread slices.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes; turn and bake 8 to 10 more minutes or until golden. Sprinkle with almonds and powdered sugar. Serve with maple syrup.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch