Amaretto French Toast
- 6 (1-inch-thick) French bread slices
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons almond liqueur (optional)
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Powdered sugar
- Maple syrup, warmed
- Arrange bread slices in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Whisk together eggs, next 4 ingredients, and, if desired, liqueur; pour over bread. Let stand 5 minutes, turning once. Cover and chill 8 hours, if desired.
- Melt butter at 400° in a 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan; add French bread slices.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes; turn and bake 8 to 10 more minutes or until golden. Sprinkle with almonds and powdered sugar. Serve with maple syrup.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note