Can not locate the complete recipe. Even checked the 2008 June Annual Recipe Cookbook. I find this often when dealing with Southern Living.
Amaretto Cream Cake Batter
More From Southern Living
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs, separated
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1. Beat butter and shortening at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add egg yolks, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Add vanilla and almond extracts; beat until blended.
- 2. Combine flour and baking soda; add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed until blended after each addition.
- 3. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note