I have been serving this recipe for a long time, and everyone loves it. So simple to make, and it presents really well. I garnish the edges with sliced almonds and the center I garnish with chocolate leaves and a light dusting of grated chocolate.
Yield: Makes 12 to 14 servings
- 2 cups sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 3 1/2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/3 cup amaretto
- Garnishes: whipped cream, chopped toasted almonds
- Process almonds in a food processor until ground; add 1/4 cup sugar and butter, and process until blended. Press into bottom and 1 1/2 inches up sides of an aluminum foil-lined 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese, remaining 3/4 cup sugar, and vanilla at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs and yolks, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour; beat until smooth. Add whipping cream and amaretto; beat until blended. Spoon into crust.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350°, and bake 30 minutes or until center is firm. Turn off oven. Let cheesecake stand in oven, with oven door closed, 30 minutes. Remove from oven; cool in pan on a wire rack 30 minutes. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Invert cheesecake onto serving dish. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Amaretto Cheesecake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts, Cakes/Frostings
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Make-Ahead
- CUISINE: American
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Dairy
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Gluten-Free
- COOKING METHOD: Food Processor, Bake
- OCCASION: Birthdays/Anniversaries, Christmas, Father's Day, Mother's Day, New Year's, Valentine's Day
- PUBLICATION: Southern Living
More Recipes for Desserts