Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) unsifted all purpose flouer
- 1 tablespoon(s) baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 7 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup(s) Amaretto liqueur
- 1/2` cup(s) water
- 1/2 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 7 egg whites stiffly beaten
- 2 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1/2 cup(s) amaretto
- 1/2 cup(s) orange marmalade
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoon(s) amaretto
- 3 tablespoon(s) water
- 1 cup(s) granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and 1 1/2 cups sugar. Stir to blend and add egg yolks, 1/4 cup amaretto, 1/2 cup water and oi. Beat until smooth. Fold in beaten egg whites. Pour into three 8 inch cake pans that have been greased and floured. Bake for 30-35 minutes, Cool in pans for 10 minutes, remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks.
- Whisk cornstarch into 1/2 cup amaretto until dissolved. Place over medium heat , adding marmalade. Heat until mixture is thick. Cool and spread between layers of the cake.
- Beat 2 egg whites until stiff in a small bowl. Boil 2 T. amaretto and 1 cup sugar, and water until mixture reaches 242 degrees on a candy thermometer. With mixer running, drizzle the hot syrup into egg whites. Continue beating until mixture holds stiff peaks. Spread over the top and sides of the cake .
This recipe is a personal recipe added by reedcheryla and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Amaretto Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cakes/Frostings