I made this delicious cake for our Mother's Day dessert and it was a huge hit! It is one of the best pound cakes I have ever eaten. After reading other reviews about the glaze, I decided to 1 1/2 times the glaze so I would be sure to have some to drizzle over the top. I will definitely make this again, it is superb!
Amaretto-Almond Pound Cake
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Buffy Hargett
Drizzle an almond-flavored pound cake with homemade amaretto glaze for a delightfully decadent dessert.
Yield: Makes 12 servings
More From Southern Living
3 Hours, 5 Minutes
- 1 1/4 cups butter, softened
- 1 (3-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons almond liqueur
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- Amaretto Glaze
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add liqueur and vanilla, beating just until blended. Gradually add flour to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended after each addition.
- 2. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating at low speed just until blended after each addition. Sprinkle almonds over bottom of a greased and floured 12-cup Bundt pan; pour batter into pan.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 5 minutes to 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 4. During last 10 minutes of baking, prepare Amaretto Glaze. Remove cake from oven, and gradually spoon hot Amaretto Glaze over cake in pan. (Continue to spoon glaze over cake until all of glaze is used, allowing it to soak into cake after each addition.) Cool completely in pan on a wire rack (about 1 hour and 30 minutes).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note