Amaretti Triple Deckers
Graham crackers, chocolate wafers, and white frosting provide three layers of color and flavor.
Yield: 20 bars
- 1 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely crushed amaretti cookies
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate mini-morsels
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 3/4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (1-ounce) square semisweet chocolate, melted
- 20 amarettini cookies (miniature amaretti cookies)
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a heavy saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly with a wire whisk, 12 to 15 minutes or until mixture reaches 160° and is slightly thickened. Remove from heat; divide mixture in half. Let cool 15 minutes.
- Add chocolate wafer crumbs, almonds, and coconut to half of butter mixture, stirring well. Press chocolate mixture firmly into an ungreased 9" square pan.
- Add graham cracker crumbs, crushed amaretti cookies, and chocolate mini-morsels to remaining mixture, stirring well. Press graham cracker mixture firmly over chocolate mixture in pan.
- Beat 1/4 cup butter at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add powdered sugar, beating until blended. Add milk and almond extract; beat until mixture is spreading consistency. Spread frosting over graham cracker layer. Cover and chill. Cut into 20 bars.
- Spoon melted chocolate into a zip-top plastic bag. Snip a tiny hole in one corner of bag, using scissors. Drizzle chocolate over frosted bars. Top each bar with an amarettini cookie.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts